Each year a selection of companies, institutions and organisations award our students for the graduation show!
And the award goes to…
- CHRISTINE MATHYS AWARD goes to Florentina Leitner
In honour of Christine’s passion for fashion, an award of €2500 is granted to the collection that reflects this passion the most. Christine Mathys was the co-founder of NV Dries Van Noten.
- FLANDERS DC/UA AWARD goes to Marie Martens
Granted to a MA student that stands out in translating his/her creative vision in a mature collection. The winner gets to participate in the Fashion Management Course of the AMS Summer School.
- FLANDERS FASHION MAKERS BY MOPAN ALKEN AWARD goes to Luca Holzinger
Granted to a student who distinguishes himself/herself by using very good pattern constructions. Flanders Fashion Makers will put their experience of manufacturing at the service of the winner to realize 3 prototypes together with their highly skilled staff.
- IFF AWARD goes to You Huize
The winner gets a trip to New York to present their perfume project at the head-office of International Flavors and Fragrances. The 2nd prize of 1.000 goes to Ingmar Plusczyk.
- KOMONO AWARD goes to Annemarie Saric, Florentina Leitner & Karolina Widecka
- LABELS & THINGS AWARD goes to Nadav Perlman
Labels & Things gives a student of the third Bachelor the opportunity to develop quality accessories in his/her MA collection for an amount of €750. The award goes to the collection with a distinct attention to detail and accesories.
- MODE AWARD goes to Annemarie Saric
An amount of €750 granted by the Department.
- MOMU AWARD goes to Annemarie Saric
This award is granted to the student whose work stands out because of its unique graphic language. The collection will be featured with a photoshoot and interview on the museum’s platforms.
- ROSIER41 AWARD goes to Nico Verhaegen
Viviane Van Werelyckhuyzen and team select the most ‘FUNKY’ collection. The student receives an amount of €500.
- TOM EEREBOUT AWARD goes to Florentina Leitner
- WEEKEND KNACK AWARD goes to Marie Martens
Granted by the fashion team of Weekend Knack headed by Ellen de Wolf. The award goes to a promising designer and includes a fashion spread in Weekend Knack edition ‘Fashion, it’s Belgian’ September 2020.
- SUEDWOLLE GROUP & THE WOOLMARK COMPANY AWARD goes to Isabelle Lempik
Südwolle Group and The Woolmark Company supported 20 students with merino wool yarns for education and use for their collections. For the Award they selected the student who has shown the most creative use of Merino wool yarns. The winning student will subsequently visit the Südwolle Group headquarters and knitwear manufacturer Peterseim Strickwaren in Germany, where she or he will learn about spinning and knitting technologies and allowed to prepare Merino wool garments which will be offered to a brand partner for further commercialization.